Question
Posted by: Ron | 2011/11/08

Water

I am abit concerned tha tI drink too much water everyday. I am a 31 yr old male, gym 2-3 times a week and play tennis at least twice a week. Roughyl how much water shoudl I be consuming each day?

Dear Ron
In general, it is recommended that adults should consume 2,5 litres of Liquid per day (this includes water of all types, fruit juice, milk, cold drinks, tea, coffee and any other non-alcoholic beverages you may consume). If it is particularly hot and you have sweated excessively then having an extra 300 ml of water should be in order. However, drinking vast volumes of fluids such as 3-5 litres a day can lead to electrolyte depletion which can be harmful to health.
Enjoy the gym and the tennis

1

Dear Ron
Enjoy the gym and the tennis