Question
Posted by: Adele | 2010-10-11

Water

Hi doc,
Everytime I eat or drink something(does not make diff. in what I eat or drink) then my nose starts running with like what I call waterdrops. What might the cause be for this. I tried to think if it is only with dairy or wheat or proteien, but I realised it is evereytime. I have to always keep a tissue with me to wipe the nose and 10min or so after eating or drinking then it clears up.
God bless

Dear Adele
It is possible that this reaction where your nose produces drops of clear liquid when you eat or drink is of physiological origin. For example, most people produce saliva in their mouths when they smell or taste foods. I have also heard of people who start to sweat when they eat or drink, which is sometimes related to damage to the facial nerves. I would recommend that you consult an Ear, Nose and Throat specialist for an opinion if this condition is a problem or intensifies.
I hope the dr will be able to determine the cause of your nasal reactions to eating.

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2010-10-11

Dear Adele