Question
Posted by: SJN | 2009/02/23

Water

ok so we all know you should drink 2 lts of water a day my question is how it should be consumed. I drink 2 lts before lunch then i know i have had my 2 lts and anything over that is a bonus, but should i rather drink it spread out through the day? does it have the same effect as drinking it all in just a few hours?

Dear SJN
You are not supposed to drink more than 2,5 litres of

1
Posted by: Diet Expert | 2009/02/23

Dear SJN
I was answering your question when my PC did a flip. So to get back to your question: You are not supposed to drink more than 2,5 litres of liquid per day which includes all the liquids you drink (water, tea, coffee, cold drinks, milk, beer, etc). So if you are only drinking 2 L of water and no other liquids during a 24 hour period then space your intake out over the day. Don' t have 2 L of water PLUS another 2 L of other liquids as this can lead to water intoxication which causes electrolyte depletion and may result in water retention. Stick to your 2,5 L of liquid per day.

Reply to Diet Expert