Question
Posted by: alice | 2010/04/26

wat moet ek doen

My stiefdogter het my vertel dat haar ma se ex boyfriend haar probeer vasdruk het op verskeie geleenthede. Sy bly by ons en gaan net sekere vakansies na haar ma. Sy het my gesmeek om niemand te vertel nie. Sy wil nie gaan vir hulp nie niks nie. Wat moet ek doen en hoe moet ek die situasie hanteer? Sy is nou graad 7

You don't mention her age. Byt if he is trying to force his sexual atentions on her that is abusive and potentially criminal, though she'd need advice from a lawyer or the police about specific details, there. She obviously also needs to discuss this with her mother, and should refuse to visit her mother at all unless the mother can adequately and certainly protect her against such attentions.
Why is she so concerned that you must keep this secret ? Has he threatened her or her mother if she tells anyone ? Talk with her about this, explain how she can be protected, and what can be done as regards helping her personally, and legally to stop this rat from misbehaving in this way.

2
Posted by: Vrye Denker | 2010/04/26

Predators rely on the silence of their victims. Tell her father. He should be able to sort out the situation post-haste. Make sure you three discuss it first before you go throttling the boyfriend though.

Reply to Vrye Denker