Posted by: AMA | 2008-11-21

My first time visit to the gynae and he told me i have fybroids which are about 7 in diameter. And he said i have to remove them in less then 6 months time and it' s about an hour procedure and i have to be hospitalised for 3days.

Don' t you think i need a second opinion before i go for operation?

What cause Fybroids?
Any other way besides an operatioin to eliminate or remove them?
At what stage can one has to worry to an extent of thinking about removing them?

I' m 32 year young Black woman with no kids
I' m scared about this

Thanx in Advance

Fibroids are growths of the womb muscle. It is not known what causes them. These are quite large fibroids and you probably do need to have them removed. There is no medication that will help. Be sure that you discuss removal of the fibroids only and not the whole uterus.

Posted by: papa | 2009-03-19

how can you rid yourself from fibroids

Reply to papa