Question
Posted by: Biddy | 2011/01/21

wasting time

I have so much I want to do, so much I need to do. For the first time in my life I have the money and the time to do these things. BUT I spend every day wasting time. I will do one or two essential chores, maybe spend time on one thing I want to do. The rest of the day seems to disappear. I will still be looking at my list of what I must/want to, do, and I will realise it is getting dark. I honestly don''t know where the time goes and it is beginning to get me down. I could be having the most fulfilling time of my life right now and instead I feel utterly frustrated and to be honest, a bit depressed. What is going on with me? I can''t believe I am wasting this opportunity.

Check out books and short courses on time management - you sound badly organized rather than unwell. Counselling could also help you clarify your priorities and level of organization. Get done first the most urgently important things, and save those you know you will enjoy doing, till the end, as a reward for having done the necessary

8

Posted by: Biddy | 2011/01/21

Maria, thank you very much for your considerate reply.
As for !! and ?? (same person I''m sure), grow up. I wouldn''t be seeking advice for this if I knew what was STOPPING me. YES, IT HAS TWO " P" s.

Reply to Biddy
Posted by: Maria | 2011/01/21

Could be that you are a perfectionist. You are so scared of doing something less than perfectly that you will rather procrastinate than finish the task so that he can be judged. Could also be that you need to take a step back and really look at your priorities. Are you doing things because you think those are the things you should be doing, or because those are the things you really want to do. I suggest you find a good counsellor and talk this stuff through, so that you can find a way to you live your life in a way that is more fulfilling for you.

Reply to Maria
Posted by: SpotTheDog | 2011/01/21

The key is motivation, do you really want to do all the things you THINK you want to do? If you did then surely you would be doing them?

Reply to SpotTheDog
Posted by: Trace | 2011/01/21

How old are you?

Reply to Trace
Posted by: ?? | 2011/01/21

lol!

Reply to ??
Posted by: !! | 2011/01/21

But you have time to write to us. Why not stop surfing the net?

Reply to !!
Posted by: ?? | 2011/01/21

whats stoping you?

Reply to ??