advertisement
Question
Posted by: Hayden | 2011-09-01

wasp allergy

If a person has a severe allergic reaction to a wasp sting (very low pressure and/or swollen throat etc.) will they die if they don''t receive medical attention or is it just a probability? Thanks. Hayden.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Hayden

It is a real possibility that the patient can die from anaphalactic shock, especially if the patient experiences swelling of the face and throat, as well as breathing difficulties. Ask your doctor for a prescription for an EpiPen. This device (autoinjector) contains a small amount of adrenalin to counteract anaphalactic shock.

Regards




Dr Anrich

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
advertisement