Posted by: barbie | 2008-11-14

was induced at 38 weeks of pregnancy

reason been IUGR.Unfortunatly i lost my baby.The doctor could not explain why my baby had iugr as i had no problems at all during pregnancy.My baby weighed about 2.4kg at birth and befor birth the scan dates where always varied reading between 2nd December and 9th December while my EDD was 12th November.
Now my questions doc is how can my baby have IUGR reason unknown, ive read up all i can on the internet and still cant explain why and then would ceaserian operation have been a better way of bringing the baby out in your opinion?

Often there is no obvious cause for IUGR. Smoking, hypertension and diet are the causes that we know of, but sometimes the placenta does not work properly and there is no known reason. I do not know the details of what happened during your labour and when the baby died. You should have had the heartbeat continually monitored during labour but without knowing all the details, I cannot comment on whether a caesarean would have been better.

Posted by: Kelly | 2008-11-16

dear, barbie.
i can only imagine what you are going through. I dont know the answer to your question about the intrauterine growth restriction, ,but I do wish to tell you that, proving that the doctor did something wrong will not make you feel any better. You lost a child, it hurts- it will probably hurt for a long time. It is human to put blame to someone, and to question everything that happened- and that should not have happened, but it won' t change anything. You should mourn- Cry my girl. cry for your child. then forgive yourself, and the doctor who was in control. AND remember to love your husband- he also lost his child.

Reply to Kelly