Question
Posted by: truth | 2008/07/14

was i rute?

hi

as i was talking to my boyfriend yesterday and it hapened that i ask him a question as to why he broke up with his ex and his respond was, i told you before why, yes he did tell me but not all the details, because i was wondering why he made protection order against her, but he even said that sometimes iyou make me think you are not confident enough about yourself and you keep comparing yourself with my ex.

guys i never met his ex, we don't know each other so my response was, we all come from previous relationships and i can never compare you with my ex and i will never compare myself with your ex either, i take each person as an individual and mind you all the people are never the same they have their own advantages and disadvanges.

Its not automatically rude to correct someone's spelling --- and if everybody avoided doing that, nobody would learn to spell properly, and we'd understand less and less of what other people were writing. Some readers really wouldn't know what you meant by "rute", so you could get even weirder replies ! Much of the problem comes from people nowadays not reading enough, so they rely on how they have heard a word spoken, without having ever acually seen it in print. SO we can correct each other, so long as we do it politely and helpfully.
Similarly, it doesn'tsound as though you were rude to your bf, and he may be over-sensitive about this issue, perhaps he isn't altogether over his ex, and was expecting you to criticize him about this

15
Posted by: rosy | 2008/07/15

can we all forget about the insults and the spellcheck and answer the question.

Reply to rosy
Posted by: sadi | 2008/07/14

SHUT UP ALL OF YOU!!!

Reply to sadi
Posted by: Me | 2008/07/14

Hey Phontie... what do you mean "that means he dont want her any were near him.." Didn't you mean "anywhere" instead of "any were" - Ow mighty spelling guru. And do we say he don't or do we say he doesn't.

My point is, what is all the fuss with the spelling and English if you can understand what the person meant!!!

Reply to Me
Posted by: Chick | 2008/07/14

O ja and Phontie - In future remember u TAKE out a protection order u dont make it ..... ;o)

Reply to Chick
Posted by: Chick | 2008/07/14

Thank you for correcting my spelling Phontie - IT IS APPRECIATED !

Yes I saw I spelt incorrect and embarrasment (which u did not c)wrong .

Reply to Chick
Posted by: Shooo | 2008/07/14

Gosh u people r so childish!!! how old r u if i may ask?

Reply to Shooo
Posted by: Phontie | 2008/07/14

Hey you blind chicken check
second line chicky chicky CHICKEN }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

incorrect not in coorect your chicken licken hahahahahah........

Reply to Phontie
Posted by: Expert in English | 2008/07/14

Phontie, fcuk off. With a nickname like Phontie you are a fcuking moron. Now I spelt fcuking wrong, gee whizz.

Reply to Expert in English
Posted by: Phontie | 2008/07/14

Halo all
Chick master of corrections if you dont have any advice or answer shut up....... go back to your post check the spelling CHICKEN}}}}}}}}]]
Truth he made a protection order she did not make against him so if I were you I will be very happy cause that means he dont want her any were near him happy now .....

Reply to Phontie
Posted by: Chick | 2008/07/14

Give Grant a break - have u considered that he might have politely pointed out that the spelling is incoorect?

She did not spell it wrong only once but twice.

True English is not my 1st language either - that is why I appreciate it when I do get corrected cause it saves me from an embarresment later ....

Reply to Chick
Posted by: iq | 2008/07/14

hey there.

i dont think you were rude at all, but if he does not want to talk about his EX then dont push.
just get on with things and leave it alone, dont bring it up again with him.

Grant and I think,
if you dont have any thing nice to say! then dont say it at all.

Reply to iq
Posted by: Shina | 2008/07/14

Grant - you are rude! Have you never misspelled a word in a language that may not be your first ... ?

Truth - my opinion. No, you were not rude, just honest. And there is nothing wrong with that.

Reply to Shina
Posted by: grant | 2008/07/14

Rute is spelt:- rude

Reply to grant
Posted by: truth | 2008/07/14

was i rute to him to answe that way????????

Reply to truth
Posted by: i think | 2008/07/14

And ur question is?????????????????????????????

Reply to i think