Question
Posted by: Katherine | 2009/12/19

Was i played

I met a wonderful man 3yrs back, we had rocky on off relationship as we were trying to maintain a friendship as we were both away from home - i am single and he had ex wife and child
i left a year ago after he had moved his ex and daughter to him and we have remained friends, i saw him 6 months back and we had an amazing time, we chatted about everything and our past and we slept together as usual.
His family has now left and he is hooked up with a 22yr old he had a fling with 2 yrs back, always said if she grew up he would marry her and now she is back and he is with her
I am obviously shattered as he has always kept the hope of us alive with i love you' s and you are the best thing that ever happened to me etc.......... he did once say he would never offer me anything even if he could and he compared me to his ex wife on numerous occassions
now i am left feeling used and hurt and don' t understand if he did in fact love me as he said or if i was just another notch on his belt........ would i ever know if i meant something or if i was just part of a sick game he played

Think about what sort of man this is - he was separated from his ex, then got back with her, but continued to sleep with you, now he's back with a kid he had a previous affair with. Having sen how he treated the other women in his life - on what basis did you assume he would treat you any better ? Yes, it certainly sounds as though you were used. Did he love you ? Not in the usual sense, but maybe that's as much as he loves anyone other than himself

1