Posted by: Lolo | 2009-01-27

was i overeacting?

i have a sister she is at teen age(19) and you know how uncontraollable teens can be, i was not like that at my age she is so wild and lost all the respect, we stay together at my townhouse so everytime when i try to show her the way she just don' t listen or she just shut all doors so hard to provoke me. my cousin told her once that she must learn to respect me as her sister but she just don' t care.

friday she didn' t sleep home and when she arrive she did not say a thing to me she had 12 bottle of savanna liquar and just left again on saturday,came back sunday morning at 2am.

i was so angry and i called my father to speak to her and take her to stay with him because i have done all i can to be a parent to her but she keep disrespecting me and i can see that these will lead to hatred between us so it will be best to resolve the matter sooner, we can only visit each other but not stay together full time anymore.

Hello Lolo, Yes teenagers can be a pain in the neck --- sometimes its the one thing they are really good at. But if she stays with you, in your home, then she must keep to your rules or find somewhere else to stay --- one must NEVER allow such a child to dictate how other people must serve her. If she has no respect for you, then she deserves no support or assistance from you. Send her to yourfather, as he has some responsibility to try to sort her out ; you are not her parent or guardian.

Posted by: oliver | 2009-01-28

Morning Lolo

I can not say i can related to your situation but my best advise is for your sister to move out ASAP. Before things get out of hand.

good luck thou

Reply to oliver
Posted by: TMan | 2009-01-27

Some people are ungreatful and your younger sista doesn' t deserve a sista like. And acknowlegde how lucky she is to have a sista who has done well for herself. Instead of her looking up to you, she disrecpect you? I agree with the guys that you should send her packing, and we' ll see if she will behave like this when she is staying at your dad' s. You have your own life you know, I think its time to be selfish now for a moment and go to " Me time mode"  and enjoy your life. Goodluck and don' t blame yourself cos you have done the best you could, under the circumsatnces.

Reply to TMan
Posted by: Respect essential | 2009-01-27

Sibling fighting is not nice. Your sister must show respect for you and your wishes if she is living with you, that' s just not negotiable. Clearly she has no respect for herself and does not realise that its not safe out there. Lots of predators that are on the lookout for a " wild child"  and hopefully she does not experience the meaning of disrespect at their hands. I think she should be given the option of saying and behaving, or moving on somewhere else with someone who does not care for her.

Reply to Respect essential