Question
Posted by: Dominique | 2008/10/27

Was diagnosed Epleptic, ADHD

Good Day
I was diagnosed with Eplepcy, ADHD and an advanced learning disorder when I was eight. I was put on Ritalin and was overdosed at the time due to poor management. At twelve I was bordering anorexia due to throwing up every meal i took my medication with and took myself off all the medication.
I am now 25 and am desperate for some answers as to why my childhood is such a blur. I am currently studying and find it extremely difficult, I do not regognise work that I have done.
I find myself going into a state of absolute mental shutdown (a daze) where nothing goes in or out. Could this be associated with my past diagnosis.
I am a very healthy eater and balance my meals with the utmost care to improve concentration but am finding it increasingly difficult.

Dear Dominique
You may still suffer from some ADD - one does not necessarily "grow out of it". Please see a psychiatrist for proper evaluation and if needed, medication under strict supervision. There are newer medications on the market than Ritalin. You may also suffer from temporal epilepsy - have you had an EEG yet?