Question
Posted by: mbali | 2008/07/09

WAS a 32

hi there.im 22 and am struggling to lose weight.iv always been a curvacious slender with a body to die for not and eating as much as i like.that was until i fell pregnant at 19 and then had an abortion at 4mnths.that was when i started picking up weight. i was an emotional wreck and and didnt care about what i looked like.i went from weighing 63kg to 77now at a height of 1.7m . iv never tried dieting as i didnt think i can lose it but now im absolutely ready to lose it.can any1 please help me reach my goal of losing 10kgs

Dear Mbali
I am so sorry to hear about your pregnancy and abortion. Such events can have a profound effect on your physiological makeup causing depression and anxiety and also harming your self-image. I can understand that you turned to food for 'comfort'. Your present BMI = 26,6 which is in the overweight range, so it would be good if you could lose those 10 kg (this would give you an excellent BMI of 23,2). If you are not emotionally stable again then I would suggest that you reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increasing your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life). The exercise component is important because it not only helps with weightloss, but also improves your mood and lifts you out of depression.
Holding thumbs that you will now get back to being curvaceous and slender.