Posted by: Marileze | 2012-12-12

Warts on my Spaniel''s head

Dear Doc, I recently took my Spaniel to the parlour for a summer cut and they accidently shaved of a " little"  wartish looking thing on her head just above her eye. It did bleed alot but I wasn''t too concerned, just sprayed with Teramycin and left it. Now this wart after bout 3 months has become bigger and it looks like a wart on a wart but it''s not hard like a wart, but squishy. It is also purple at the bottom but flesh coloured on the top. I dont want to cut it off again cause it seems to get bigger and bigger when u do that?? Whats going on? Can this be dangerous?

Dear Marileze,

It sounds like a cancerous growth and I want to strongly advise you to take your dog to a vet to have it surgically removed right from its origin.

Dr Smit