Question
Posted by: hildah | 2010/05/28

Warts

Dear Doctor
I lost my virginity last year (2009) and after the third time I had intercourse, we used a condom by the way all the time, I developed a bean sized wart on my vaginal opening. In january this year (2010) they started spreading onto other areas of my ''poonana''. They are not painful at all except when I pinch them hard and they start bleeding. Recently, these days the other warts have disappeared without any treatment though I was planning to go visit a gynae to find out whats going on. Now I''m left with the first wart and it is slowly disappearing. I just want to know whats wrong. Is it the condom infection or is it the intercourse itself or what.
Please help me as I desperately need to know, I''m so scared that I''m praying everyday that it is not some type of cancer.
Hildah

Genital warts are due to the HPV virus which is a sexually transmitted infection. You should see your gynaecologist for a pap smear as it can also affect the cells of the cervix.

1