Question

Warts

When I was younger, about 7 years ago, my husband had 2 genital warts. He went to the and was given Wartec to get rid of them. Then I developed a tiny genital wart and used the same Wartec and it cleared away. What is the cause of genital warts? Is it an STD? Does it mean my husband was cheating on me? Could either of us still carry the infection?

Genital warts are caused by the HPV virus. This is sexually transmitted. It can lie dormant for a long time, so does not mean that he was cheating on you. The virus usually remains though the symptoms diappear.