Posted by: AD | 2009-03-09

Wart or what?

I have this bump/Scab/Blister thing on the back of my head right where my neck starts, i have been picking at it,, t feels liek a growth of some sort and whe ni pick it, follicle type thingies come off as if they were plugged into my head. sometimes if a painful bit comes off it starts to bleed. it just wont go away. i spoke to a doc whosaid to just puit vaseline and keep it soft but its not disappearing at all.. it feels small less than a cm, but its sort of flattish, and has gone quite dark.. it feels painful and recently i feel as if it causes headaches..what could this be?

Dear AD

I recommend that you consult a dermatologist to have the lesion permanently removed. It can be a lesion due to chronic irritation where the skin reacts and forms this abnormal appearance.