Question
Posted by: Glen | 2008/08/28

Wart like growths on my Jack Russell

My Jack Russell is about 14 years old and has numerous wart like growths, which flowers into a black like crust and fall off and then grows again. They also have a very bad odour. Is there anything that I can put onto these growths, which will ' dry'  them?

Dear Glen

You can have these freeze dried just like the docs sort our warts out. Can be done under local anaesthetic. Nothing that really helps to dry them out. It may help to scrub them with bio-scrub (available at pharmacies)

1
Posted by: Chill | 2008/08/28

Lots of older dogs get little bobbles and lumps like this - next time you see the vet, get him to take a look.

Meantime, invest in a tube of Prenine or Bactroban, and put a tiny bit on any growths that seem to look raw or active.

Obviously if he has hundreds of these things, then you should get him properly diagnosed...

Reply to Chill