Wart-like growths on corners of mouth

About a year ago I saw something that looked like a normal pimple start to form on the right corner of my mouth, usually where fever blisters form. But this " pimple"  never went away, Long story short, it grew into something that resembled a wart. I went to my GP, she agreed to the wart theory, and used dry-ice to remove it. After about four sessions, it seemed to be going away. But, the last month this thing has come back with a vengeance, and unlike last time, it is actually quite sore. This morning I see one' s starting on the other side of my mouth.
What could these things be?

Dear Anonymous
It may be a pyogenic granuloma - sometimes when you get an injury ( in your case a small crack at the corner of the mouth) the body tries to heal it but the tissue that forms is abnormal - it stays raw, sore and bleeds easily. It is not cancer though. Please see a dermatologist to remove this for you. It is not dangerous or contagious, just looks ugly and is sore!