Posted by: Cindy | 2010-12-11

Wart Acid Removal

Good day

A Dermatologist treated a wart on my right pinky with acid.
It is now two days later and I am in severe pain - my pinky is swollen almost double its normal size and I can hardly move it.
My pinky also burns a lot and is extemely hot to the touch (in comparison to my other fingers). This dermatologist have treated many warts for me before, but none gave this reaction.

Is this normal? And is the severe heat and swelling a sign of recovery or an allergic reaction?

A complication of treating warts with a strong acid, is the development of a cellulitis. It sounds like if you have developted cellulitis/infection of the skin. You should re-consult the dermatologist for a course of antibiotics and anti-inflammatories, like Myprodol. This condition is easily treated.