Posted by: Jen-Jen | 2008-11-03

warm then cold water cause thread veins?

Hello Doc
I' ve read conflicting accounts and am interested in your professional opinion. Is it wise to wash your face and decolloté  in warm water and then splash it with cool water to apparently tighten the pores and tone the skin or is the sharp contrast of hot to cold a horrid idea which might cause small, red veins to appear?

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Jen-Jen, thank you for the question.

As far as I know using first warm water and then cold water will not be the cause of superficial veins appearing on the skin. typically these veins are associated with sun damage, loss of skin elasticity, or normal ageing and thinning of the skin. Once these veins have appeared the change in temperature may have an aggravating effect.