Posted by: Charles | 2009-08-14

Warfarin user

I use warfarin on a daily basis (since 2007) to control the thickness of my blood after I developed a blood clot in my lower leg. This has affected my lifestyle in many ways, especially regarding the use of other medication/suplements. I want to know if I may take fat those burning suplements (USN, etc. type capsules) to help boost my metabolism ad burn fat when training? I have used it before, but that was pre-2007 and I found that it helped me a lot to loose weight/cut centimetres. Any advice, please? thanks.

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Charles

Drug interactions with these types of medication have not been studied in depth, and becauses of warfarin's narrow therapeutic window I'd definitely advise AGAINST using them together.