Question
Posted by: S Helm | 2009/08/31

Warfarin / Heparine

I am currently on warfarin due to DVT in L leg. We are planning on getting pregnant. I used Fraxiparine instead of Warfarin previously while pregnant. Is there currently any alternatives to Fraxiparine / Heparine ? Possibly more affortable as well, as my medical aid didn' t pay for this treatment the previous time. Regards.

Dear S Helm
Fraxiparine and Heparin are still the only meds one can use while pregnant. Discuss with your doctor but your med aid should cover this? Ask him to write a motivation for the use of the medicine?