Question
Posted by: Claudette Keal | 2012/03/05

Warfarin and Menstrual Cycle

I had a dvt on the 31st of January 2012. I had surgery for it the same day and have been on warfarin and claxane. I am not on claxane anymore just warfarin.

Can the warfarin effect my menstrual cycle? As I am due now and I am not getting my menstration.

I have not had any intercourse so there is no chance of pregnancy. Please help I am getting worried.

Claudette

Warfarin and Claxane can cause severe menstrual bleeding. I am uncertain about the reason for you not getting your period. It is possible that it is due to the DVT and the operation. Inform your doctor about this.