Question
Posted by: Heidi Ward | 2010/11/06

warfarin and diet

I was recently started on Warfarin as I had dvt in my left leg. I received a list of veges etc I should avoid wherever possible. Please tell me more. Is vitamin K the same as Calium?

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Heid

No, Kalium (or potassium) is not the same as Vit K

2
Posted by: Heilette | 2010/11/17

Hi, my dad is now using warfarin, they found blod clots in the left lung after several surgeries during the last 6 weeks. He was very healthy and fit except for prostate issues.
To assist in recovery a friend recommended Lifegain as it helped her recover from cancer therapy. We''re concerned because the list of foods he''s not allowed is quite long, and we''d like to know if there''s anything in Lifegain that will interfere with warfarin?

Thanx

Reply to Heilette
Posted by: pharmacist | 2010/11/09

Hi Heid

Reply to pharmacist