Question
Posted by: Ada | 2012/05/29

Wanting to loose weight

Good day doctor,

Could you please advise me a on healthy eating plan and exercise regime ( n terms of breakfast lunch and supper) that could possibly help me to loose weight.

Im 38 years old, 79 kg and need to shed about 10-15 kg. Ive been struggling of late to get rid of the addtional weight. I have tested my thryroid and result came back as negative. Been on duromine and dont want to continue with it any longer.

I m just have the urge to eat continuously! Please help.

Dear Ada
To lose weight you need to basically change your lifestyle. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet & Nutrition' at the top of this page, then on 'Healthy Diets' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increase your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life). While you are on the ‘Diet & Nutrition’ site, read about every aspect of slimming (the dangers of diet pills, slimming aids, psychological aspects of slimming, etc) by also checking out the ‘Weight Loss’ section and exploring the site.

1

Dear Ada