Posted by: Cindy C | 2009-01-19

wanting to become pregnant

Is there any thing I should be doing to prepare my body for pregnancy? My husband and I are planning to start trying to have a baby and I just want to do everything to make it easier and healthier for me and my baby. I" m 35 yrs old and over weight, I" m on an excerise plan now so that will help!

A healthy diet and exercise program is good. Also start taking folate tablets and avoid smoking and alcohol. If you have any chronic illnesses, have these checked out.

Posted by: RW | 2009-01-20

We are also ttc. I had some blood tests done to make sure that I' m healthy (they tested my kidney function, liver function, iron levels, etc.) I ended up having to get the ribella vaccination as apparently my resistance was quite low...or something.

I have also switch to organic food - very expensive but definitely worth it (I have never felt so healthy!)

Reply to RW
Posted by: tanya | 2009-01-19

well, to be healthy is a good idea, maybe you must go to your gp(doctor) and let her draw blood, to see if everything is ok, and very important your day 18 ovulation , very important to see how you ovulate, all of the best!

Reply to tanya