Question
Posted by: BOBO | 2013-02-07

WANTING TO ADOPT

I am 39yrs old female &  do not have kids, i so much want to adopt a child, i love kids to bit but my husband is totally against adoption. There are times where i feel lonely and empty inside especially when i am alone, thinking that i can make a difference in 1 child''s life. I honestly feel that God want me to go that direction.
I have convinced him several times that we must go for it but he doesn’ t want to barge.

Please advise

1
Posted by: Adoptive mom | 2013-02-08

Remeber that a child is not a solution to your loneliness your husband is right, loving somebody else''s child requires more than just loneliness in your life. Remember this child is not going anywhere, you will have to take care of them forever till death do you apart. You need to have a deeper desire than just loneliness, what happens if you get pregnant as well? What happens if your sister dies and leaves you with all her kids thus you are no longer lonely?

You need to understand exactly why you want to adopt and what raising this child means to you then you can convince your husband on that. Maybe he can see that this is just a void that is temporary hence he is not convienced.

Do more introspection and then speak to him with more conviction not just loneliness.

Reply to Adoptive mom