Question
Posted by: Montuza | 2008/07/21

Wanting a baby

I' m a 30 year old woman. In february this year I spoke to my boyfriend about having a baby, I even made it clear that if he doesn' t want to have a baby out of wedlock then he should just let me know and i will understand, but he told me we are in stable relationship and he would like to have a baby with me. we were supposed to go for an HIV test to date. when i brought up the subject up he told me that we should wait until he sort the child issues with his ex(she is refusing him access to the child). I mean they have been having these problem for years before i even came into the picture. The baby was born in 2000 and they broke up in 2003. we are now in 2008, i feel like if i wait for him to sort out their issues i will wait forever. Ii tried getting the idea of having a child out of my mind but it keeps on comming back. what should I do.

His ex is now allowed, as I understand the law, to refuse him access to the child, so he could go tyo court and have this matter settled, and shouldn't use it as an excuse to keep you waiting for years. At this rate the child will be graduating from university and you might still be waiting. Its not wise to move to have a baby if the relationship is not healthy and strong and likely to last without such distractions

1

Find so someone to have a healty relationship with before thinking of babies