Question
Posted by: Jannie | 2012-12-07

Wanted to skip period then missed pills

Dear Doctor 7 December 2012

I took my last active Yasmin pill on Tuesday 27 November. I went on with another packet the next day because we were going to a music festival for the weekend (camping and portable toilets - not ideal). However, I forgot my pills at home and therefore couldn''t take it on Friday and Saturday.Sunday,the 2nd of December ,when we returned home, I started bleeding. On Wednesday (the 5th) I started taking my active pills again. Was this the right thing to do? I am still seeing a brownish discharge today. What I''d also like to know, is: How should I make up for the missing two pills in my current pack? I''m afraid that my system is all confused now.Thank you for your advice.

Discard the pills in the old pack and continue with the new pack. It should all settle down.