Question
Posted by: LowBP | 2008/10/02

Wanted: High blood pressure

I suffer from very low blood pressure. What can I eat to raise it? What should I avoid to stop it from dropping lower?
Thanks,
LowBP

Dear LowBP
The only change that one can make to the diet to try and increase bp is to add slightly more table salt to foods. It is, however, important that you don't overdo you salt intake as excess intakes can cause kidney problems. You need to discuss this low bp problem with a medical dr because there are medications like Effortil that can help for this condition.
I hope you can get your low bp under control

2
Posted by: Also lowBP | 2008/10/02

I also tried Effortil, which my GP prescribed - but it did not work!
marmite and salt was all that helped... but only sometimes. other days i just had to " sit it out" 

Reply to Also lowBP
Posted by: also lowBP | 2008/10/02

my GP suggested salt. and marmite! a teaspoon when it feels low will do. or melt a teaspoon in some water and drink that.
also, eat a small meal / snack 6 times per day and this will encourage the BP to increase.
these should def work! good luck!!

Reply to also lowBP