Question
Posted by: WIll things ever come right | 2011-01-31

Want to start a family so badly.... but it just never stops

For approximately 6 years (2001 –  2007 I was on Depo Provera. During this time I stopped my periods altogether. I officially stopped the injection in April 2007. I have now been married for going on five years and I am battling to fall pregnant. I went for blood tests which came back showing that I was not ovulating on my own and also that my fasting glucose levels are 9. My gynae prescribed 1 x 500mg glucophage once a day and started me on 50mg clomid. The clomid was followed by monthly blood tests whereby we checked my progesterone levels. For nine months whilst I was on clomid back to back my tests came back positive indicating I was ovulating. In that time my husband was tested, everything came back normal and I also went for a diagnostic laparoscopy. (This was done Feb 2010) my gynae was happy with everything, indicated my tubes were both open, my uterus was fine, both ovaries were fine. He did however find minimal endometriosis behind my womb which he removed via laser. He also performed a STD dnc. It is now a year later and I am still not pregnant. I stopped the clomid after the nine months and started a weight loss diet. Over the last 8 weeks I have lost 12kg. My cycles have been irregular ever since the Depo (but regular on clomid) so I didn’ t get a cycle since October 2010. That was until the 16th January 2011. I am still bleeding since this date and it doesn’ t seem to be showing any signs of stopping. There are quite a lot of clots? In my menstrual blood and initially I had to change my tampon every two hours which by then it was soaked. Since Friday it doesn’ t seem that bad but I am still bleeding and growing very concerned. I don’ t know what’ s happening… .. Please can you give me your opinion? Initially I wasn’ t concerned because my Dr’ s sister said it might be as a result of my weight loss. But now I’ m not so convinced.
Thanks in advance Dr.

If you miss a number of periods, the womb lining builds up and eventually you have a long heavy bleed. This seems to be what is happening now. In terms of falling pregnant, perhaps you should see a fertility expert.

2
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2011-02-01

Posted by: gynaedoc | 2011-02-01