Posted by: anoniem | 2009-07-04

want to loose weight

Im a woman of 23,1.70m tall never in my life i was as unfit and unhealty and fat as now!I always was about 70kg my whole life untill 2 years ago and did sports but now i started working dont have time to excerice and i tip the scale at 100kg want to loose the wieght plz help me(got fat from coke anf take aways and not excericeing)!what can i do to lose the weigth and become fit again!i work from 7 in the mornings till 8 at night!

Given that the change in lifestyle is the cause of the change, the remedy is to recorrect that change. This means you have to make time to exercise. No one finds that they have so much time to exercise that they don't know what to do with it - they have to make the time and it's the same as for you. You just have to make the time, no other way around it, though I appreciate that this is not what you want to hear. Then you also need to deal with diet - the best is to see a dietician about this.

In terms of exercise, it is the cardio training, like cycling, running, stepping, aerobics, walking etc. that is most helpful in losing weight. All these activities cause heart rate to go up, and are increasing your body's metabolic rate, which ultimately causes you to lose weight by burning more fat (again, assuming you are also eating well). So I would say you should continue with what you are doing, keep focussed on the cardio. I think that 4 times a week is the minimum you should aim to exercise, five is probably the ideal number, but four is fine too. The intensity you train is also very important. A lot of times, people train a little too easy, perhaps. I am not saying you should go out and push super hard and exhaust yourself every day, but stepping up the intensity once or twice a week is certainly a good thing. You should aim for a total of 45 minutes or so (anything between 30 and 50 minutes is a good average), and you should finish each session feeling tired, but not exhausted. If you do that, and you eat well, then you should lose weight.

Finally, the weight training is also beneficial, though it has a different effect - by doing weight training, you increase your muscle mass, and that means that you body's metabolic rate is lifted. The effect of this is that once you begin to lose weight, you keep it off more than you would by simply dieting. So it is important to do some resistance training, though one or two sessions a week is plenty for the goals of fitness and weight loss.

So just keep it up, give it a few months to work - remember, you have to be consistent, one month of training, one month resting is not really that effective, it should be a steady training period over many months to really see great results.