Question
Posted by: Kgothi | 2009-02-24

Want to loose weight

I' m 32 yrs old,153cm and 67kg my problem is my lower body is big(thighs,bum and )and I have tried to loose weight in 2007 my weight was 72kg I lost about 6kg.My biggest concern is that I had the same weight since 2007(67kg) but I feel fat or that I gained weight on my bum and thighs.

I eat lots of fruits and vegetables on a daily basis,breakfast I eat muesli and fat free yoghut, lunch I bring my own lunch box to work(brown bread with cheese and ham with a cup of coffee,juice or water and for supper I eat what my family eat most of the time is rice, 2 vegetables and fish,chicken or red meat.And just recently because of critisism from people I completely lost appetite I don' t eat sometimes I will spent the whole day without eating and I know that this is not healthy

I have just started jogging in the morning and squating for 30-45 minutes 3 times weekly..

Please also tell me how to calculate BIM with cm' s.

Dear Kgothi
To calculate your BMI you multiply your height in metres by your height in metres (1,53 x 1,53 = 2,34). Then divide your weight in kg (67) by the 2,34, thus 67/2,34 = 28,6. This BMI is in the overweight range (i.e. above 25) and to get back into the normal range with a BMI of about 24 you would need to weigh 56 kg, which means losing 11 kg. If you do lose this amount of weight and get back to a normal weight your thighs and buttocks will definitely also shrink. Check out the energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre slimming diet on this Website (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet). It is excellent that you are increasing your energy output by doing regular exercise with the jogging because this will help with the weightloss and also stimulate your metabolism. Ask Fitness Doc on this Website for a set of exercises that you can do to target your thighs and buttocks so that you firm them up additionally.
Good luck with the new programme

1
Posted by: sinbad | 2009-02-27

Hi doc

I am a 25 year old guy that have 2 questions namely:
1.Just a quick question what role does smoking cigarretes play in weighloss? are your chance of lossing weigh decreased if you are a smoker?
2. is it advisable to eat before going to the gym or not? eat fruits or cereal

Reply to sinbad