Question
Posted by: Kris | 2011/09/20

Want to know How to conceive a Boy

I have a lovely girl from a first marriage at 23 years of age. Later I remarried and have two lovely girls from my second marriage, but we would now like to have a boy. I am currently 39 years and my wife is currently 35 years.

When is the best time in a womens period to conceive a boy or what does one need to do to convcieve a boy? Is there a gauranteed way of getting a boy.

My wife and I are a little on the fat side now.

Please advise

Many Thanks

Kris

Dear Kris

There is no certain time in a menstrual cycle that will increase your chances of either having a boy or a girl. The only guaranteed way of getting either a boy or a girl is to assess the embryo for sex selection in an in-vitro fertilization [IVF][ program. This entails going through an IVF cycle and before transfer of the embryos the embryos are assessed for any genetic abnormalities as well as sexing of the embryos before transfer into the uterus.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

2
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2011/09/29

Dear Kris

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Reply to Fertility expert
Posted by: Biki | 2011/09/21

There is no gauranteed ''natural way'' to determine the sex of the baby. There are a few theories of when to have sex during the woman''s cycle that would favor either the one or the other, but it is not gauranteed. Google and you will see.

The only way to ensure that you have a boy is through invitro and selective sperm XY that is then used. THis is a very costly excersise and there are also sometimes complications.

Cheers

Reply to Biki