Question
Posted by: Smith | 2008-11-03

Want to get a divorce

Hi there I want a divorce, but I do not know how to tell my wife, I feel sorry for her, and I dont want to hurt her, but I need to divorce her there is just no connection between us.We have been for therapy but it didnt work. And she can sense I want to leave because every now and again she asks me if I want to be with her or not. How do I end such a big thing.And how do I know if I am doing the right thing

This possibility if one of the things your therapist should have discussed with both of you. Maybe you should get back into therapy with a better marriage counsellor / therapist, give it one more try, and if its not working, discuss separation and divorce among the options considered.

4
Posted by: EL | 2008-11-03

Good luck! Divorce isn' t a joke! Lots and lots of heartache and fighting and everything that' s just bad!

Reply to EL
Posted by: EL | 2008-11-03

Reply to EL
Posted by: Steff | 2008-11-03

Smith
If you really love your wife, anything is possible to get the connection back. When was the last time you guys sat and talk just about random stuff. When was the last time you took her out, or just spontaneously brought her flowers. A relationship needs constant attention, and ALOT of communication. Does she really know how you feel. Dont you think she wants to make it better, but youre being distant, and not communicating? Things won' t get better in 1 day, but will get better very soon if you guys give 100%!
Good luck, and think hard about this before you make your final decision. The grass isnt always greener on the other side!

Reply to Steff
Posted by: moira | 2008-11-03

If you love her then dont give up. Divorce is a terrible, self destroying thing and it hurts many people not only the ones getting divorced. think long and hard before making this decision. There is always ways of working things out and fixing them - ALWAYS.
good luck

Reply to moira