Question
Posted by: Rochelle | 2009-10-07

Want to change career

Hi, I have always worked as a PA or secretary. I' m not happy to be working in an office. I' m a very creative and energetic woman and gets bored easily if I do the same thing everyday. I need a challenge! I considered starting my own business but money is a issue and I' m afraid of failure.
I really want to resign end of this year or beginning of next year, but I' m unsure of what I want to do. I have been working at my current job for 1.5 yrs almost 2. Have been promised a lot when I came for the interview, but nothing! No yearly increases, no bonus! No medical aid! Nothing! Hubby and I want to start a family next year. I' m just so confused!

Expert ImageWorkplace health expert

You are planning important life changes next yearr - hopefully!! This is important. Yes there are work frustration but you do not need,at this time, insecurity. I would stay where you are, use the time to build up experience,ideas and contacts for the next career move - after the baby! Good luck!

2
Posted by: mandla | 2009-11-10

Beieve in yourself and don' t be afraid of quiting for a business option,failure is part/one of one of aspects of success..I too,I have the fear in my life and subsituted it with strong belief in my vision.

Reply to mandla
Posted by: workplace health expert | 2009-10-18

Reply to workplace health expert