Question
Posted by: dw | 2011/06/10

want to break up

I need to break up with my bf this weekend. It is not working for me anymore as I can see that I am only good enough over weekends when he is lonely. There is no intimacy, I cannot communicate with him, I dont feel the same way about him anymore. I just dont know how to approach this topic. I just want to state my case, get my things and go wtihout drama. Any suggestions on how to go about this. Thanks.

Either jot down your ideas so you can talk to him calmly and unemotionally ( men don't hear emotional talk very well ) and tell him, or maybe write it down in a letter. If you felt sure the relationship was worth trying to save, some couples counselling might help, but it sounds as though you don't think it would be worth the effort

3
Posted by: Truth | 2011/06/10

Do not dump him by fax,emai,sms,phone or letter.
You should always show respect, dignity and curtesy by ONLY dumping someone face 2 face. Do not be a coward.

Reply to Truth
Posted by: Caro | 2011/06/10

Good luck. It won''t be easy especially if he feels that he would still like to sstay in the realtionship for whatever reason. You have to, to be fair, also give him a chance to say how he feels although you dont have to be convinced to stay. Don''t make it sound like it is all his fault as you really dont want to leave a person you once loved feeling broken and bruised and guilty. He will hurt, so will you, but I guess that is just how life goes. Be gentle on both of you. People''s hearts are fragile eventhough their personalities dont always indicate this.

Reply to Caro