Question
Posted by: Want to be a mommy | 2008/07/08

Want to be a mommy

Hi all,
I want to be a mommy. I am only 22, married and very happy. Just feel that there's something missing. I love hubby to bits, but also want a baby. I realise that we are not really in the right situation (financially) and that I still have to wait 2 more years, more or less. But every time I see or hold a baby, I just wish that I could have one of my own. Hubby and I think about baby names a lot and he said we can have kiddies only after 2 years. i understand that and respect him for that, cause I know there's still a lot we want to do. But still.....my heart aches for a little bundle of joy.
Any advice or just some encouragement to help me?

Do you want a baby, or a child ? If you care about the child's well-being, it makes sense to wait until the pair of you can really afford to enjoy and look after the child well. Its not unusual to feel a bit broody when seing someone else's cute kid --- and of course you usually see those kids at their best, not at their most annoying or tiring.
Like Maria, I'd suggest you lopok for voluntary work with babies or children in need, to satisfy some of this interest of yours, and also to become more realistic about all that is entailed in a relationship with someone young and needy. If the home or agency is wise, you would start doing useful things but not getting involved in deep emotional relationships at first

6
Posted by: sadi | 2008/07/08

Grow up before you think of having a baby, having a baby is definately not a walk in the park.

Reply to sadi
Posted by: Maria | 2008/07/08

At my local children's home one of their biggest needs ito volunteers are for drivers. You take kids home on Fridays, or to the eisteddfod, or to a sports match... That's how I started. It's less emotionally intense as you don't get too involved with individuals initially.

Reply to Maria

Thank you so much for the replies. Maria, I have given it a lot of thought to go to a childrens home but I am so afraid that I will get too attached. But maybe I should try that. thank you.

Reply to Want to be a mommy
Posted by: koos | 2008/07/08

adopt a puppy!

Reply to koos
Posted by: Maria | 2008/07/08

Why don't you volunteer at a children's home, or a place of safety for abandoned babies? That way you will be able to give love to kids who badly need it, and probably learn some skills that will come in handy once you have a little one of your own!

Reply to Maria
Posted by: Why not | 2008/07/08

Just wait for that 2years until u feel u r financial secure cos believe me raising a baby its not that easy, babies gets sick,u have to buy nappies,pay for nanny/creche ect,..My point is if u know u not ok fanincial yet rather wait than to force things..

Reply to Why not