Posted by: Not Sure | 2009-08-17

Want Opinions

Hi, This is going to sound a bit selfish but I guess i just want an opinion. If you have been broken up with someone for over 5 years now, is it still ok to invite them to things such as funerals, even though your partner and the ex dont see eye to eye?

This is really a question of etiquette. If your relationship with such an ex is at peace, and the funeral is that of someone he/she knew and had a real relationship with, it would be appropriate to invite him / her to the funeral as such --- it is an ocasion to remember the person who died, not a social gathering for your ex to get on well with your present partner

Posted by: Just M | 2009-08-18

I agree with CS.

However, you seem to be talking about more than funerals.

If its something like a wedding, then its up to the bride/groom whether the Ex should be invited. As for parties and things - hell no! 5 Years or not.

Reply to Just M