Question
Posted by: MJ &  MM | 2010/10/28

Want a baby

Hi,My girlfriend is 36yrs and I am 33yrs.I have 2 kids from my previous relationship,8yrs &  2yrs.She has a 12yr old.we have been seeing each other for 2yrs and we have a healthy relationship.She asked me to have my baby and we have tried for the past year and nothing is happening.What could be the problem as she is not on any contraceptive.We haven''t see the doctor yet.No complication on our sex life style,all tested excellent.Whats your advise on this problems.

The reasons for not falling pregnant might be a problem with ovulation, blocked tubes or a low sperm count. You would need to see a doctor for further tests to see what the problem might be.

2

Posted by: Unique | 2010/10/28

There could be a few cause - on her side or yours. I think you should both go for a check up - since it''s been a year. Although I do know some people where it took more than a year and there was absolutely nothing wrong.

On the female side the obvious thing is to check if the cycles are regular , if yes time intercourse on the most productive days (search this site some people have given the exact fertility window). If not she must see a gynae.

I''m not sure what are the obvious signs if the problem is on the male but you should also get checked.

The worst thing to do is to assume the problem is with her.

Reply to Unique