Question
Posted by: tired | 2010/02/18

Wanna give up on LIFE....but im too tired

what do you do when you become so tired of life and you wanna give up but dont have the gutz to end it all?
im in a terrible abusive relationship where my boyfriend dissapears for days on end, only to come back for one night, force me to have sex with him or else i will be thrown out of his house then he disappears thereafter again for days with no explanation. Retrenchments started at my workplace, seems as if my position has been marked to be reduced. My dog died, my car broke, i am so alone and lonely, today im sitting here at work, i am so sick with flu and a stomach bug, and nobody at home just to make a cup of tea...i have no one in my life, my family is far away, i dont have " true"  friends, or friends that can treat me normal without the fake pitty they put on their faces of being the " single"  one, because when you are single married people treat you like you are mentally retarded. Even been to a church camp for women the past weekend, didnt help at all, what now, whereto now??? i am so sorry for myself today. Any advice??

I'm sorry to hear that you feel so discouraged and miseable, but pleased that, for whatever reason, you dont plan to harm yourself. Instead, plan actions towards improving your situation.
Call organizations like POWA that help abused women, to plan a safe escape from your current vuilnerability to your abuser.
Have you explored whether there is someone at work who might want to share accomodation with you ?
Flu is actually depressing and not only miserable, but fortunately one does recover from it, if one is patient. As for job security - have you talked with your HR person or department, and got clarity about what is likely to happen, and how they could help you ?
And how about contacting SADAG, the SA Anxiety / Depression support group ( number on this page ) and try attending some of their meetings, for support and understanding ?

2
Posted by: Lili | 2010/02/18

Think positive, I know it can be tough out there. We tend to believe the worst about ourselves. I can' t go on etc, when the truth is ou can go on. Yes chances are you' ll lose your job but you will find other job. Famous aying when one door closes another one opens just be onthe look out so you don' t miss it. As for your boyfriesnd you need to leave him, what u just described it' s rape. You hould report him to the police and learn to stand up and put your foot down. When you say NO say it and mean it.

Reply to Lili