Question
Posted by: anon | 2009-02-17

Wanna gain weight

Hi doc
I need some advice here, see I went through this horrible chapter in my life sometime last year &  after weeks of depression &  loss of appetite I lost like 10kgs. Before that i was perfectly healthy my weight was 63kgs, not over weight though. After that phase my health got bad, I hate my appearance, im now 54kgs &  i hate it. My GP said that i need to take some tablets for my iron or something so that my body can get back to making me gain weight but because my iron is low &  im close to anemia my body needs to sort that out first so that' s why i cant gain weight, My appetite is back now but i stay on 54kg. I can eat cake, fries, hamburgers anything that another woman would stay away from but the food doesn' t go any where. What is wrong with me? do i need to go on medication or something, i know i sound stupid but i really wanna get back to the 60' s, i hate being as thin as i am, i had a very athletic body before but now im just like 1 of these models that starve themselves (Im not though) Please help

Dear Anon
You could try using something like Nutramen T supplements in between meals. Avoid high fat unhealthy foods, rather eat complex carbohydrates, protein with each meal ( this builds tissue) and enough fruit and vegetables ( ideal is at least 5 portions per day) to get in enough vitamins and trace elements.
Dischem also has a few different brands of supplementary foods for people who suffered from recent illness or cancer to help gain weight.