Question
Posted by: Anon. | 2009-04-29

Walking after work

Hello,

as part as my winter fitness plan I would like to increase my walking. Would 30 minutes of walking after work (up and down hill) be suffice to not only maintain weight, but possibly lose weight? My diet is as best as can be considering I don' t have the time or money for healthy foods, lots of fruit and veggies, etc.

Also, suppliments- yay or nay?

HI there

It may be enough to lose weight - that is unfortunately a question that I can't answer accurately, because there are too many factors affecting it to be able to say yes or no. There is diet, your current weight, the intensity of your exericse training, the volume, the frequence, genetics etc.

So many factors affect it that it is therefore a guess. However, in principle, your suggested change is a good one, and I'd certainly encourage you to do it. It can't hurt, that's for sure, and the possible benefits are large (not just weight loss).

in terms of the diet, you really need to look at it if you're serious about this. You can exercise for hours and hours and achieve nothing if you're not eating well, so that needs to become a priority. And fruits and vegetables are pretty cheap by comparison with proteins like meat and chicken, so cost is not really an excuse. I really think that diet needs to be addressed.