Question
Posted by: Tara | 2009-01-08

Walking

While the festivities have caused many of us to pile on the kilo' s I have decided i will try walking in the mornings with my dogs. How long should i walk for approx? Bearing in mind my dogs are with me so its rather a brisk walk. i am also using herbalife so do you think i will see results sooner than expected. I need to lose around 15kg' s
many thanks

Hi Tara

I think that to begin with, 30 minutes is a good start. You can increase this over the weeks, as you get fitter, and you may even turn that brisk walk into a jog, but for now, 30 minutes will be good. Four times a week is a good start, with the idea of adding a 5th day by about the end of January, and then increasing to 40 minutes a day by mid-February. By the time you're doing 5 walks of 45 minutes a day, you'll be relatively fit, and then as I said, you might start to jog a little as well.

The Herbalife won't change anything - it's diet and exercise that counts, and so make sure that your diet is going well, and that you're eating optimally. If that's not in order, then everything else is far less effective, so diet is crucial.