Question
Posted by: David | 2012/08/27

Waking up with numb fingers

Hi Doc,
I mainly sleep on my back as I am disabled (Freidrechs Ataxia), but recently I have been waking up and my small finger and ring finger on my left hand are numb. If I then roll onto my right side and the numbness goes away within a couple of minutes.
I don’ t get pins and needles and I need to role on my back after a short while. Then it happens again.
What could be the cause and who do I go and see.
David

David

You will have to consult a neurologist for an examination to determine if there is nerve impinchment of the ulnar nerve. The doctor will do a nerve study to determine the exact cause for your symptoms.