Question
Posted by: Jane | 2010-12-03

Waking up with memory gaps

Three times in the last three weeks, I have woken up in the night confused. Last week when my husband was away I woke up and couldn''t remember where he was. Last night, he was back and I woke up and couldn''t remember who he was. I knew I knew him, but it took a while to figure it out.

Is this within the bounds of normal?

I''m 35, in good health and I don''t have sleep problems (I tend to wake up in the night, but go straight back to sleep - as I have after these incidents). I have one glass of wine in the evening and don''t drink coffee after noon.

Jane

Memory laps has to be investigated and I suggest that you consult a neurologist for an examination and special tests to determine if there is a pathological reason for these episodes.

1
Posted by: Nancy | 2010-12-04

I had the same thing about 9 months ago (I am 36). i woke up, stared at the ceiling and wondered where I am, and who i am, my husband was not there, but iI sort of gathered i am married because I had 3 kids in bed with me..and yes i did not know who they were. I was soo stressed out. I just lied there for a few minutes, and think I went back to sleep, and the next morning I was fine, but still remember this weird thing, or was it a dream. insanely frightening.

I did discover i had a serious iron deficiency and vit B as well as calium (they call it plenish), that seem to have helped, as I never had that weird feeling again, but remember it like yesterday

Good luck but go check on your blood, and if everything is ok

Reply to Nancy