Question
Posted by: Robyn | 2006-11-27

Q.

Waking up with blocked ears

Hi There

I have been waking up with a blocked ear often lately.. sometimes I cannot manage to equalise / unblock my ears.

I try yawning / clcking my jaw & general "unblock' your ears advise but can't get my ear to unblock.

My voice echo's in my head the whole day & results in a headache.

What can I do?

Expert's Reply

A.

Expert ImageHearing Care

Dear Robyn

There are several possibilities for the problem that you are experiencing. It could be something like a wax in the earcanal or fluid in the middle ear, or an equalizing problem or it could be a symptom of another problem. Go see your GP and let him or her take a look. If the problem persist you might need to see an ENT specialist.

Please let me know if you need any further information

Kind regards
Izabelle Pieterse

Want to comment?