Posted by: Permanently Exhausted | 2009-01-19

Waking up is a nightmare

Please can you offer me some advice. Waking up is a nightmare for me. I sleep like a bomb and dream and dream and dream all night long. I remember all my dreams. When my alarm goes off in the morning I do not know if I am Arthur or Marthur. I dont even remember my name or anything. I find it very, very hard to wake up and feel very sad every day having to be so tired all the time. I go to sleep at about 22h00 and wake up at 05h50. Is there something I can do?

Expert ImageSleep Expert

That means that there is a problem with the quality of your sleep, as the quantity seems fine.

You need to see a sleep specialist, and get a sleep test done. That will allow the accurate diagnosis of the problem. Almost all of these are very treatable, so there is no need to battle on without help.

Posted by: Desperate | 2009-02-10

Mine is even worse, it started when I got pregnant in 2005 , I thought I was sleeping a lot because of it.When I got my baby it never stopped, you know I can' t open my eyes for more that 1 hour without dozzing off, when I' m in a car I would just a meeting basically I cannot concentrate on one thing like listening to a lecturer because I just' s even worse after eating because I just sleep. A neurologist in 2005, while I was still pregnant said I had this true , what is it and is it treatable?At night sleep very well till 5:15 in the morning.
Does any of you have or ever heard of this kind of nightmare?

Reply to Desperate
Posted by: ne | 2009-01-27

I have the same problem.... but it is caused by stress..... I take a homeopathic calming aid an hour before I go to bed... It helps.. and over weekends I sleep till I wake up wich is usually around 7:30am....

Reply to ne