Question
Posted by: DeonO | 2010-11-10

waking up 4:00am every morning anxious and restless

Good day Doc...
I have a problem having a full nights sleep without waking...Iam on HBP tabs and resently started a Vitamin B Boost ,B1 and Calmag-C...I''ve cut down on HBP tabs by half a dose dayly...I wake approx. 4am every morning anxious and restless...stomach upset so i have to go to the toilet that time in the morning...BP also spikes to approx.140/95 to 150/100,also have a cough,i do not smoke...after toilet it comes to normal most times...please let me know what the problem could be...i was always a great sleeper...many thanks

Expert ImageSleep Expert

Firstly, unless you are malnourished or not having a balanced diet, you probably dont need the supplements. If you are taking them, make sure you take them in the morning - they can keep you awake.

Early morning waking is typical of anxiety or depression - you might need to see someone about that.

If that does not solve the problem, you will probably need to see a sleep doctor.

1
Posted by: Sleep expert | 2010-11-11

Reply to Sleep expert